FAQs: Public Health & Wellbeing

    I think I have symptoms of COVID-19, what do I do?

    Phone the SA COVID-19 Information Line:
    1800 253 787
    8am–8pm daily

    Phone the 24 hour Coronavirus Health Information Line, run by Healthdirect:
    1800 020 080

    What do I need to do to self-isolate in my local area?

    Phone the SA COVID-19 Information Line:
    1800 253 787
    8am–8pm daily

    Common COVID-19 questions answered

    SA Health has answered some common questions on the SA Health website.

    Where can I go for health information?

    The COVID-19 pandemic and latest medical advice is being updated regularly by the Australian Department of Health. We recommend using this resource to remain aware of developments and official reports.

    Where can I get translated COVID-19 resources?

    Translated resources are available in multiple languages via health.gov.au and Ethnolink

    What resources are available for supporting children during COVID-19?

    Emerging Minds has collated some great resources for supporting children during COVID-19. 

    What resources are available for people with disabilities?

    People with disability face unique challenges during this pandemic. People with a Disability Australia has developed a COVID-19 hub with accessible resources here, including  posters and fact sheets for people with disabilities. 

    The Council for Intellectual disability has also developed a helpful guide.

    How does COVID-19 impact food safety?

    Please refer to the Food Standards ANZ Government website.

    There is no evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted through food though extra care should be taken with hygiene and health to reduce the risk.

    Anyone with suspected symptoms of respiratory illness should avoid preparing food for other people.

    Businesses must follow Federal Government social distancing protocols.

    Will kerbside waste collection services continue?

    At this stage, kerbside waste will continue to be collected on a ‘business as usual’ basis. 

    Additional Free Green Organic Drop Off Days have been arranged to assist with post-fire clean up and ongoing fire prevention. Click here for dates and locations.

FAQs: Libraries & Customer Service

    Are services still available from Gumeracha, Woodside and Stirling?

    In response to Australian Federal Government advice all Council libraries and service centres are temporarily closed for in-person transactions. This means Gumeracha, Stirling and Woodside libraries and service centres are closed. 

    Please direct your enquiries to our customer service team:

    Call and collect is available for Library resources. Simply phone us on 8408 0420 or email library@ahc.sa.gov.au and we will assist you in selecting items. These can then be collected from one of the following locations:

    • Gumeracha Library foyer
      9am–12 noon Monday, Wednesday and Friday
      2–5pm Tuesday and Thursday
    • Coventry Library Stirling or Woodside Library foyer
      9am–5pm Monday to Friday
      10am–1pm Saturday

    Which Council services have been suspended?

    The following Council Services have been suspended for the foreseeable future:

    • all libraries (call and collect available at this stage)
    • service centres
    • all community centres
    • programs and events delivered at the libraries, community centres and Positive Ageing Centre
    • mobile library
    • community bus services
    • hire of community rooms in Council facilities
    • AHC playgrounds, community halls, sports and social clubs, and RSL buildings are closed

    Which programs and events are cancelled?

    All programs and events are suspended. 

    Are libraries still open?

    All libraries are closed. A call and collect service is currently available.

    Book borrowing (call and collect)

    Book borrowing services are still available via 'call and collect' service from:

    • Gumeracha Library foyer
      9am–12 noon Monday, Wednesday and Friday
      2–5pm Tuesday and Thursday
    • Coventry Library Stirling or Woodside Library foyer
      9am–5pm Monday to Friday
      10am–1pm Saturday

    Contact us by:

    Please note all collection points have been modified to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times. 

    Extending loans

    Loans can be extended online. Please contact us on 8408 0400 if you experience any difficulties in extending your loans or if you are unsure of your password.

    Returning library materials

    After hours chutes at our Stirling, Woodside and Gumeracha branches will remain open 24/7.

    Online Resources

    Our online resources are available 24/7 and include eBooks and eAudiobooks, learning resources like Studiosity and Lynda, and film streaming services. These are readily available through our standard library catalogue via the 'eBook and eAudiobook' tab.

    Will Home Library Services continue?

    At this stage Home Library Services will continue. Book deliveries will be made to the door however volunteers will not enter premises..Click here to learn more about the Home Library Service.

    Will the Mobile Library Service continue?

    This service is currently suspended. If you are unable to access our call and collect service, please contact us on 8408 0400.

    Can I still access Justice of the Peace services?

    Justice of the Peace services are being provided through local State and Federal Government offices by appointment only. For contact details of an office in your area, please call us on 8408 0400.

    Can I still access Ancestry Library Edition?

    Ancestry Library Edition access is usually only available through library computers, however this software is being made available through your home computer until the end of April 2020.

    Access an extensive range of genealogical resources from the United States and United Kingdom, including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records. It also provides limited Australian coverage.

    To access this service for this limited time, One Card members should visit the Libraries SA website, log in using your library card number and PIN, and select Ancestry Library from the list provided.

    Are Development Applications still being processed?

    Yes. Development Services are continuing to accept and process development applications at this time.

    This process has been paperless for more than two years with no face-to-face contact required from lodgement to approval.

    All communication can be made via email, telephone and our online portal Objective Connect. Click here for more information.

    Please do not send cash, please use electronic funds transfer to pay.

    Due to COVID-19 conditions, documents may need to be quarantined so we recommend you submit documents electronically whenever possible by emailing developmentadmin@ahc.sa.gov.au

FAQs: Rates

    What should I do if I'm worried about paying rates?

    If you are experiencing financial hardship and anticipate difficulty paying your next rate instalment, please contact Council’s rates team to discuss your individual circumstances.

    Once you email our team we will register your request on our system: mail@ahc.sa.gov.au 

    If however you do not have email access please call our team on 8408 0400.

    These arrangements will be treated in the strictest confidence.

FAQs: Business

    What do the changes mean for businesses?

    As social distancing measures tighten, the impact on many of our region’s businesses is likely to be significant. 

    Our businesses are the essence of our region and offer our residents greatly valued employment, services and experiences. We encourage all our residents to continue to support them wherever possible while complying with Federal Government restrictions, as they find new and innovative ways to continue. 

    For our business owners, we encourage you to keep a watchful eye on a couple of important links that may provide some assistance during these challenging times:

FAQs: Open Spaces

    Can I still use playgrounds?

    No. Adelaide Hills Council’s playgrounds, skate parks, community halls and sporting club facilities, along with RSL buildings are closed. Signage will be installed at playgrounds.

    Is it okay to play or be outdoors?

    Yes. We encourage you to go outside and into nature while practicing strict social distancing (maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others).

    Discover your local walks here

    Are public toilets still open?

    Public toilets remain open at this time. Cleaning and restocking is occurring daily in most locations with additional cleans occurring at high traffic locations. 

    Please remember to ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to as confined spaces increase the risk of infection.

FAQs: Other COVID-19 Information

    Where can I get the latest news and media related to COVID-19?

    The Australian Government Department of Health site has a dedicated media and news page. 

    What are the current COVID-19 case numbers in Australia?

    Information about the current COVID-19 case numbers in Australia is available on the Department of Health website.

    Where can I find travel information?

    For updates about travel visit smartraveller.gov.au

    What is happening in other countries?

    For global statistics about COVID-19 visit the World Health Organisation.

    What should I do as a Health Professional or Aged Care Service Provider?

    The Department of Health has created this page of resources for health professionals, including aged care providers, pathology providers and healthcare managers.

    What is happening with volunteering?

    We are responsible for the health and safety of our volunteers and this means that our volunteers will not be providing services to the community until further notice.

    We value the tremendous impact volunteers make in our community and encourage you to stay connected with your community during this challenging time. You can share your ideas via our online ideas page or you can email engage@ahc.sa.gov.au.

    How can I help?

    As we see an increase in individuals being self-isolated due to COVID-19, it is important we are vigilant and look out for the vulnerable in our community who are often at most risk of contracting the virus.

    At this present time, the best thing you can is take steps to help prevent the spread as listed on the Australia Government Department of Health.

    You may like to help those most vulnerable by offering to collect urgent supplies and groceries or even lending a friendly ear for a chat over the phone. Social distancing does not mean social isolation, pick up the phone and ask, are you okay?

    Check out our Ideas page for suggestions and leave your own ideas too.