Older Persons COVID-19 support line
Do you know an older person who needs some support? Are you caring for an older person and need some advice?
A new support line has been set up to provide information, support and check on older Australians during this period of social distancing.
Senior Australians, their families and carers can freecall 1800 171 866 if they:
- Would like to walk with someone about what COVID-19 means for them or their loved ones
- are feeling lonely or distressed
- are caring for someone and need some information or a listening ear
- are worried about what this means for their usual aged care service
- are worried about a friend or family member living with dementia
- are unable to access information on the internet and whole like up-to-date advice
The support line is open between 8:30am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday (closed public holidays).
COTA Australia, National Seniors, Dementia Australia and the Older Person's Advocacy Network have banded together to deliver this service with support from the Australian Government.